Arid and semi arid regions contain a biological potential that stands out for its performance under extreme conditions and the slots they offer for the development of different economic sectors and food in different industries (pharmaceutical food, cosmetic, aromatic, ... )
If, on the inventory plan, characterization, identification of Bioresources, biomolecules, essential oils, the path began, however, it is a real deficiency in and protection of these Bioresources
If, on the inventory plan, characterization, identification of Bioresources, biomolecules, essential oils, the path began, however, it is a real deficiency in and protection of these Bioresources.
Thus the urgent need to combine the research actions at the national level.
In addition, it is urgent to take the step of inputting the research results protected by patents in the economic sector for development.
Moreover , the research should also propose a technical and conservation ways , multiplication and / or improvement of endangered species including endemic ones (argan tree , pistachio, ...)
Also, the Bioresources division must provide its contribution enhancement of plant and animal species (spontaneous and domesticated) in a vision of sustainability of their exploitation.
Strategic thrusts : valorization and preservation of Bioresource ecological and economic interest :
Target objectifs :
- Contribute to the development of scientific knowledge on local bioresources.
- Develop a sustainable use of biological potential
- Submit a diversification of agricultural production and a mastery of technical itinerary.
Resarch topics :
- Animal species of a potential socio economic impact (camel, sheep,goat )
- Plants with high added value (condiments, aromatics, medicinal)
- the Taxon of endangered arid regions (argan tree, pistachio ...)
- Dynamics of steppe and Saharan ecosystems.
Expected results :
*We suggest the creation of a biodiversity network (proposed network in Oran 2010) that CRSTRA can host it.
- Improvement and protection of local bio-resources of high economic potential.
- Demonstration project and feasibility value-added species.
- Extraction of essential oils and bio-molecules
- Methods and restoration techniques of degraded environments
- Feeding the central databases and the contribution for the inventories update of flora and fauna and valorization of bio-resources dependent on to these environments.