Despite their vulnerability in ecologic in terms (fossil water , unavailable arable soil, extreme climatic factors)the arid and semi arid regions have all the same indisputable socio-economic potentialities (vastness of the territories ,water and mines resources ,biological and agro biological potentials, touristic potentials …) for a socio-economic development in different sectors with possibility of good synergy between them to know agriculture,tourism,energy, SMI/ SMEs et….
Moreover , the deployment of the university and research network through these territories can support the development if only a collaboration is established between researchers, decision makers, and agents of development.
Therefore, taking account the agricultural programs of development undertaken in these territories and it is important to evaluate these actions and suggest solutions to resolve some constraints for better valorization of the made efforts.
Strategic thrust : Political socio-economic development in Arid Regions
- Dynamic and sustainability of agriculture in arid regions
- Evaluation of public policy of economic and social development in arid regions
- The management of water and mastery of irrigation in arid regions
- The agricultural type in arid regions: dynamic and sustainability
- Socioeconomic development and the situation of rural women in arid regions
- The work of young people and the evaluation of public policy of training (university and professional) to fight against unemployment.
For one of these themes it will be a three year research project with specific objectives and transmission.
Global objectives :
- To produce knowledge of dynamic, economic and social comprehension in progress.
- To produce some elements for the decision making tools
Expected results :
- Scientific articles and communications,
- Methodological guide,
- Feedback on the public policy.
Human resources and materials :
- The division should be supported with researchers, juniors and seniors : at least 07 permanent researchers and four senior researchers even associated .
Expected deadlines :
- End of July 2013: assembly phase of projects
- End of December2013: construction phase of the conceptual and methodological contexts
- 1st semester 2014: field activities and collecting the data
- 2nd semester2014: starting the data treatment and valorization of results
- 1st semester2015: valorization of results
Capitalized results :
NB: it is important to note that :
- If it should be noted that there was a result , then it should start by mention the capitalization of the information relating to the arid regions by the CRSTRA(water resources, agricultural Saharan, risks related to climate, local knowledge… )
- The contribution of researchers in the knowledge development on the desert environment and the ecosystems functioning. Which enabled to the different staff to evaluate their results conventionally (publications, communications, …) through the creation of various decision making tool for a significant decision (summary table) (cf. Annexe 4). It is important to note as well that a balance sheet 2009-2012, a special Jara N° is entirely dedicated to to the Center works .
- It should be noted also another form of significant expression through :
- The progressive creation of a data base relating to the arid regions,
- The creation of a specimen collection of animal and plant bioresources
- The launch of herbarium of this regions by ecological concept,
- The development of a monitoring activity and prospective through an observatories and transfer network in steppe and Saharan regions .
- Furthermore,the consolidation of a permanent research basis in the Center constitutes the undertaking of a continuous research/development according to the thematic and spatial priorities .
All the results and/or the decision making tool have been the object of dissemination during different national scientific research meetings(research week, innovation fair, colloquium, workshops of popular science by variant show and study days organized by the socio-economic sector especially agriculture ,hydraulics, SMI,SMEs, trade, crafts …) which was for development such a real socio economic partnership network .some results are transmitted directly to the local authorities particularly those relating with the management of major risks.
In addition to its anchoring through its research activities, today the Center is a member of several cells and studies commissions, reflection , monitoring local and national development; within the framework of the United Nations convention signed by Algeria, it contributes directly the creation of a national relations on biodiversity, sustainable development, desertification, major risks and wetlands on which the CRSTRA is a member of an evaluation scientific and technical team under the convention« RAMSAR »